[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Moped carrier

Moped carrier

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Moped carrier

Postby ItsLookingUp » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:20 am

I just bit the bullet and ordered a class III hitch moped carrier. It will carry two mopeds on the back of the van without the hassle of a trailer. I can put two more inside the van easily and I have hauled three inside the van. I'm leaving for a road trip Thursday morning and I doubt it will be here in time. It seems that every time I get ready to go on a trip I have to fumble with the rear rack that isn't designed to carry mopeds. I'm set now.
Lenny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ItsLookingUp
Master Regional Rider

re: Moped carrier

Postby ped58 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:28 am

Lenny, where did you order it from? I've never seen one like that which holds two mopeds.
ped58
Master Regional Rider

Postby ItsLookingUp » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:36 am

I ordered it from a WI company, Discount Ramps. Here is the link:

The total shipped with ramp and light kit was $606.00. Not cheap, but it will be easier to manuver than a trailer. My extended length van can handle the weight in the back.
Lenny
ItsLookingUp
Master Regional Rider

Postby ped58 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:48 am

Thanks for the helpful information Lenny, I too am tired of stuffing mopeds in my mini van, this looks like a great solution. Thanks again
ped58
Master Regional Rider

Postby ItsLookingUp » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:41 am

ItsLookingUp
Master Regional Rider

Postby GeezerPete » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:52 am

I bought the part number 34313-0VGA EXCESS CARGO CARRIER $59.99 from Harbor Freight Tools. It fits into a receiver and is big enough and plenty strong enough for a moped. I think the shipping was free. It's a lot cheaper.
Jawas work fine if you're in the know.
GeezerPete
Net Rider

Re: re: Moped carrier

Postby Cyberian » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:29 pm

Cyberian

Postby Katie » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:32 am

geezerpete.... that's what Lenny had before, but he was also carrying a van full of mopeds as well. With this new trailor, he can tote not only 2 mopeds on the trailor, but still more inside the vehile.
it's a pretty good idea. If we didn't have Duck's work truck, we'd invest in one like lenny's got.

-Katie
Have you hugged a Duck today?
Katie
Regional Rider

Postby GeezerPete » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:43 am

I haven't used the Harbor Freight Tools carrier to take a moped on a 1500 mile trip, but I'm sure it would make it ok. Depending on what you're using it with, you'll have to rig up a tie-down system. It'd be a good idea to make some kind of channel (wood 2x4's would work ok) to hold the wheels in place.
Jawas work fine if you're in the know.
GeezerPete
Net Rider

Re: re: Moped carrier

Postby Cyberian » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:00 pm

Cyberian

Re: Moped carrier

Postby wuhuilin11 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:39 am

wuhuilin11
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders