General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds
Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John
Kim and I spent the day at the Hershey car Show today. Here is a list of the bikes that were for sale:
- Batavus HS50
- Honda PA50
- Yamaha QT50
- Cimatti Top Tank- $100 OBO, missing top end of motor and side cover, crappy overall condition
- Kinetic TFR (new)
- Cimatti City Bike- $250
- Honda Express- $350 (runs)
- Sears Allstate Mo-Ped- $950
- Puch maxi Luxe- $750 (98 original miles).
- Yankee Peddlar- $350
- Yellow Honda PA50 (very nice condition)
- Yellow Honda Express- $450 (1,500 miles)
We saw lots of Honda PA50s, Suzuki FA50s, Yamaha QT50s and Honda Expresses being ridden by vendors as pit bikes. We also saw a couple of Puch Korrados. Mopeds and scooters were everywhere.
IMO, the prices were ridulously high. Bikes that were priced at $350 should have been sold for no more than $75. I'm sure the prices will be more negotiable once Sunday rolls around and vendors don't feel like dragging thier bikes back home with them.
Hey Mopedlar, used 'peds go for that kind of mone or more here in NE Florida. Perhaps your part of the country is a better region for buying used 'peds. Perhaps you've got the moped Midas touch. I've NEVER seen the kind of deals you get anywhere around here.
- Net Rider
- Posts: 177
- Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:31 pm
Do you still have the sears moped. If so, can you send a picture. What needs to be done to get in riding condition. Thanks, van
- Net Rider
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:27 pm
This is a ten year old thread, does anybody ever look at the dates.......
"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
- Master Regional Rider
- Posts: 4440
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:52 pm
- Location: Caledonia, Ontario, Canada
Return to Moped Riders
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests