[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Where to get Luojia SunL SEB-18 ("snail") parts???

Where to get Luojia SunL SEB-18 ("snail") parts???

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Where to get Luojia SunL SEB-18 ("snail") parts???

Postby SmC mopeds » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:43 pm

I can't find parts for this Chinese scooter: Luojia SunL SEB-18 50QT.
I've searched the web, and so far, nada. Does anybody carry parts for these things, or anybody know how to contact the factory, SOMETHING???!!???!! The fuel valve went bad (vacuum actuated), thus, sucked gas into crankcase (it's a four-stroke, so this is a very bad thing!). I'm seriously suspecting internal mechanical problems, per other symptoms, and before I tear the engine down, I'd like to know IF/WHERE I can get the parts to repair it. The guy bought it brand new, but, dealer doesn't service, nor is there a warranty. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, not only by me, but the owner as well.
"The only dumb question, is one that isn't asked!"
SmC Mopeds & Customs
Image Image Image
SmC mopeds
Master Regional Rider

re: Where to get Luojia SunL SEB-18 ("snail") part

Postby donp » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:59 pm

thats the problem with this chinese crap. there are no parts suppliers. see if a fuel valve from a honda spree will fit. alot of the chinese vendors are buying jap parts. the honda valve is vacuum operated.
most snails and their parts can be found under rocks lmao.
donp

Postby 1972t350j » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:41 pm

isnt the QT ones made by Qingqi try scooterpartsonline.com they might not have a sunl one but it will be the same as another one with another name on it
1972t350j
Net Rider

Postby SmC mopeds » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:54 pm

yep,yep,yep,lmao2!!! I've replaced the valve (from a junked spree, no less,lol), but that doesn't fix the internal engine probs with the chinese 4-stroke. I'm looking for gaskets & seals, and a timing chain for starters. I don't want to put the time into the tear-down if I can't find the parts to fix/put it back together with. I've replaced the fuel valve, fixed the starter dawg for the kickstart, and fixed the bendix. But now, the valve timing isn't right at all, so I believe the timing chain has stretched. The guy paid $900 for it new, he said today he'd like to get at least $400 out of it as it is, IF he can. I might would give him that for it, IF I could find the parts to fix it, then I can resell it to get my shop money out of it. It looks nice (for a snail),LOL! I'm waiting on a reply from this one site that says they PROBABLY has the parts I need, we'll see.
SmC Mopeds & Customs
Image Image Image
SmC mopeds
Master Regional Rider

Postby 1972t350j » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:58 pm

not worth 400 even if it run good qingqis are crap the only chinese scoots that seem to be holding up great are from jialing

but scooterpartsonline.com has most of those parts for qingqi and geely
1972t350j
Net Rider

Postby SmC mopeds » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:10 pm

Are Qingi and Luojia the same??? I've got a junked Qingi, I hadn't thought about checking the engine to see if they are the same, but I will tomorrow. Oh I agree with you! But, If I get this thing running, it still looks nice enough that I could easily get my money out of it around here. People here know that when I build them, I BUILD them, even if it is Chicheese,LOL.
SmC Mopeds & Customs
Image Image Image
SmC mopeds
Master Regional Rider

Postby 1972t350j » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:12 pm

yeah i do the same thing i have rebuilt my chinese goped type scoot so many times before i just gave up on it about 50 welds in different places cause the frame broke so many times
1972t350j
Net Rider

Postby donp » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:35 pm

what year is that junk spree? i'd be interested in an 86 if you have one for parts. i would pick it up when i come down there in may. then i can fix my sons so he can tear it up again lol. he's only 8 and rides it like he's racing motocross like his dad did lol. but it has to be an 86, no other years are interchangeable.
donp

Postby SmC mopeds » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:14 pm

I'll check tomorrow, after tool fab time,lol! I believe it's an '82, but can't swear to it...it's REALLY a piece of poop though, not sure there's anything much left to salvage. I kept it for the frame to be cut-up and turned into another of my wild projects (ie. a sundiro drivetrain w/honda express front-end-14"front wheel, 10"rear= a low-enough electric start chopper for my 4'7" wife, I hope, LOL).
SmC Mopeds & Customs
Image Image Image
SmC mopeds
Master Regional Rider

Postby 1972t350j » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:18 pm

don what parts are ya looking for i have some spree parts im getting another next week for $50 its in a box gut to put it together or might part it out i think its an 86 too but not too sure its white wich i have never seen mostly sprees are red
1972t350j
Net Rider

Postby donp » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:10 am

donp

Postby SmC mopeds » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:32 am

SmC Mopeds & Customs
Image Image Image
SmC mopeds
Master Regional Rider