hey yall

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

hey yall

Postby hotwheels » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:29 pm

I finally got registered, Iv been doing alot of work on my tomos gp bike.
I am doing a single shock conversion to my tomos with a fox vanilla mountain bike shock, I also am going to attemp to do a front disk conversion, but does anyone have an idea of how to adapt a disc rotor to the front wheel? Thanks

Just want to say hi and happpy new year
hotwheels
Net Rider

re: hey yall

Postby hotwheels » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:50 pm

Freud its very good to hear from you. Should it be made out of steel or aluminum?
hotwheels
Net Rider

Postby hotwheels » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:51 am

http://www.project76puch.com/P6.jpg

heres a pic of an adapter. Would this be made on a lathe, and can u estimate how much it would cost to make. thanks
hotwheels
Net Rider

Postby mbartell » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:06 am

depends on how well you know the machinist, and how much work you make it. If you can find a round billet, that is about the right size for the brake to bolt to, it should take a minimum amount of time and material removal.
I'd go aluminum. That is what most mags are made out of, and depending what type you use it's plenty strong.
If you are planning a new swingarm, and single shock suspension- make good friends with a machinist.

What are you planning to use for a front fork? Check out the small street bikes like the MB5, AR80 and possibly some of the small dirt bikes. You want to make sure that caliper is mounted well.
What is it- 80%-90% of your braking is from the front.
mbartell

Postby donp » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:00 pm

like i said in the web whiz forum, go with the forks from the motorcycle and you will gain the benefit of the gas charged shock rather than the spring type setup mopeds have.
donp

Return to Moped Riders