PLOP !

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: PLOP !

Postby Tab » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:28 am

The brain trust increases exponentially.

Welcome to this place, Fred!
Tab
Master Regional Rider

Postby don-ohio » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:28 am

Yeah,Kex! he's a big boy and can do what he wants.
For one thing...down here....they'd pull me over in a heartbeat without a brakelight. They seem to want to inspect ANY `ped i ride. I've been pulled over maybe 5 times now. One time I was titting on my Sebring eating lunch over near KevinH's in Chillicothe and 2 patrolmen stopped and asked a bunch of questions.
One asked why I didn't drive a car? Kinda' stunned me......but I named off all my cagers for him. Funny though.....other than Jackson,OH, City Cops ignore me usually.
I guess our cops are bored or something. Ha! don-ohio (:^D
`Ped `til yer RED!' ......`NO small-wheeled pothole divers need apply! LOL!' don-ohio (:^D
don-ohio
Regional Rider

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:25 am

<One time I was titting on my Sebring>

Don, that's a bit more than I need to know.

Postby don-ohio » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:50 am

Reverted to Tweety Bird language there for a tecond,MopedLarry! LOL!
`Ped `til yer RED!' ......`NO small-wheeled pothole divers need apply! LOL!' don-ohio (:^D
don-ohio
Regional Rider

Postby donp » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:06 am

so you got a boob job on your ped huh?
donp

Postby mbartell » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:17 am

and he wonders why they keep hassling him.

Yo Fred- you may have the X-ray and infra (f)red vision, but others don't!
Fix yer stuff!

Ya bum.
Still got a spare headlight or two if you need them- one even has a socket, so you can easily change the bulb, instead of peeling the reflector off.
and it's actually a Honda part- oooohhhh!
mbartell

Postby andypooh » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:59 am

yo there fred....... decided to come on over at last to see whats causing all the noise eh?

:)
Andy

Tomos A3MS
Yamaha QT50
andypooh
Distinguished Rider

Postby kex » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:59 pm

Yeah, I always use an "x" pattern to tighten them down. I think those carb parts were spares from the old bing 12mm, you can keep them if you come across some use for them, I don't have any mopeds with a 12mm bing. Yeah, I used the leleu brake pads from MWH, they work well. My speedo did that too, it was warped from the stress of it pressing on the peg at the bottom, and after it sat for an hour or two, it would finally unwind. I had planned on popping the top off and grinding that peg off with the dremel, but hadn't gotten around to it before I sold it. My two speed newport with the kit used to top out around 42-44mph, that one should get up to that range once it's been broken in, but I wouldn't run it that hard until you had the gas tank issue straightened out, but at least that carb is easier to get to than the tomos.
Keith Wallace
----------------
1982 honda urban express (nu50)-65cc metra kit, proma low boy exhaust
kex
Regional Rider

Postby andypooh » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:08 pm

yeah fred, its a llama.... took that snap at a zoo, damn thing was just standing there smiling at me!!!!!

Trike, for your footpegs, can you use thredded jump pegs as used on BMX bikes? - i dont know what the dia of the threaded hole is, but it may be small enough to attach to a rod going through an engine mount hole as you said. just thinkin out loud :)
Andy

Tomos A3MS
Yamaha QT50
andypooh
Distinguished Rider

Previous

Return to Moped Riders