Wimping out TODAY! Too nasty to ride!

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: Wimping out TODAY! Too nasty to ride!

Postby don-ohio » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:02 am

No, just being my typical stingy self, Paul.
Waiting on a good deal on a quality suit. I don't spend much money on myself for clothing(EXCEPT ON BOOTS-Redwings,Rockys,Steel-toed high top riding boots,etc.). I guess that's cause I always wore older Bro's hand me downs when I was a kid, and got used to cheap stuff.LOL!
I'm one of those guys you see on the ski slopes in bluejeans or wearing jogging pants over jeans,yannow?
It's 16 degrees and sunny here now at 0950 hours.
Would be a great day for a short 15-20 miler or so with my big windshield cuttin' the wind. Ha!
I get off tomorrow for 8 glorious days! Gonna get some skiing in if at all possible. Might even be coming up to `peek n' peak ski resort if it warms a little.
`Ped `til yer RED!' ......`NO small-wheeled pothole divers need apply! LOL!' don-ohio (:^D
don-ohio
Regional Rider

Postby kex » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:07 am

I rode in to work today, light snow, I rode 18 miles, long underwear, jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, snowmobile suit. (By the way Don-O, found a brand new carhart suit on ebay for $30, look around if you'd like one), and the best trick I know, I got from a motorcycle tip site, I put latex gloves (like the ones you find in a first aid kit), on underneath my leather gloves, that extra cushion of air between the layers really helps your hands stay warm and responsive. Had to ride most of the way with my visor of my full face flipped up, it froze about 4-5 miles into the ride. It was fun!
Keith Wallace
----------------
1982 honda urban express (nu50)-65cc metra kit, proma low boy exhaust
kex
Regional Rider

Postby duck » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:06 pm

I can't belive this Damn Weather.... I mean DAMN too.. no lie it was in the 80's 2 days ago... I was wearing short pants short sleeves in the shop sweatig.. we had to turn on the huge shop and exahust fans..... I was thinking.. yeah this is nice.. it has been great weather all year never really got COLD.... welp... yesturday it was overcast and rainy then I wake up today and its damn near freezing... it has to be in the 30's today.... how did this happen.. you northerners let some of that DAMN cold weather escape... I can't take this stuff.. I am gonna blast the heater and barracade myself in the house.. I'm NOT going outside at all today... BAH HUMBUG...

(I hope this is temporary.. I would hate to be cold and grumpy for much longer)
duck
Master Regional Rider

Postby don-ohio » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:39 pm

I'll bet it's gone and back up into the 60s by day after tomorrow where you live,Duck!
Now we, on the other hand, might expect low temps thru the next week, yanever know.
That's great you're riding, Keith! Havin' fun freezin' yer face. LOL! So yer full face fogged up on you? Not good.
Thanks for the Carhart and latex glove tip. Those are just carhart coveralls,right? Not a snowmobile type thingy?
What it is,Duck, is all those cars goin' South for the winter have dragged all that cold air down there with them. Ha!
`Ped `til yer RED!' ......`NO small-wheeled pothole divers need apply! LOL!' don-ohio (:^D
don-ohio
Regional Rider

Postby kex » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:49 pm

They are insulated, and waterproof. They are plenty warm for me- they look like this, only mine have zippers on the legs and arms, not snaps:

I like them, because I can wear regular clothes underneath, and go to work, and they don't get snow/slush/salt on them.
Keith Wallace
----------------
1982 honda urban express (nu50)-65cc metra kit, proma low boy exhaust
kex
Regional Rider

Postby duck » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:09 pm

DON !!! i just got a big laugh.. I was flipping the TV and discovered I had been watching the Atlanta news channel.... So I ventured out in the freezing cold weather... wearig long sleeves a jacket gloves only to find out that it was 53 here.... It's still to cold to be out though.. sheesh

I can't belive there is that much diffrence though between here and atlanta.. its only 3.5 hours north.
duck
Master Regional Rider

Postby Paul » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:29 pm

donohio, i picked up a snowmobil suit at sportsmansguide.com for like $55.00 brand new. make sure you get the one piece suit, because they do sell a two piece. they are well worth the money IMHO...........
1978 bianchi bianchimatic
1980 puch magnum mk2(kitted)
2001 cosmo stinger
Paul
Net Rider

Postby don-ohio » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:43 pm

Thanks,Kex and Paul! That snowsuit and the carharts sound reasonable alright!

Duck! You ARE a case! Now that's the kind of pleasant surprise I wish I had instead of dropping temps and frozen roads with icicles hanging off my nose! (:^D
don-ohio
Regional Rider

Previous

Return to Moped Riders