[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Where can I get a QT50 Battery & Headlight

Where can I get a QT50 Battery & Headlight

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Where can I get a QT50 Battery & Headlight

Postby jacksonc » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:57 pm

I got a Yamaha QT50 yesterday. After I replaced the fluids and cleaned the carb I fired it up and rode for a few blocks. Without a good battery the voltage went too high and blew the high beam (low was already gone). I've looked around and I don't see any 6 volt dual filament lights on mopedwarehouse, nor 6 volt batteries on any site.
jacksonc
Net Rider

re: Where can I get a QT50 Battery & Headlight

Postby Streetcruiser14 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:09 pm

Your local Yamaha dealer can hook you uo. the battery is like $15, and the bulb is like $6.
Streetcruiser14
Regional Rider

Postby jacksonc » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:37 pm

Oh thats cool, I didn't figure they would have that old stuff. There is no Yamaha dealer here in town (got all the other brands, go figure) so I'll have to drive to the next city sometime. I just thought I'd get some online, I like having things come to the house rather than going all over looking for them.
jacksonc
Net Rider

Postby John » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:05 pm

The 6 volt battery should be pretty genaric for these little jap things.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby skippie » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:52 pm

If this is an early 80's QT50 the headlight is a sealed beam and runs around $50. You can get one with the ring and all of the bolts and screws from
skippie
Net Rider

Postby jacksonc » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:34 pm

Yeah its a '79, They show $36.50 for the light plus other things I don't need. Surely I can find one cheaper somewhere else thats rediculous for a small light bulb.
jacksonc
Net Rider

Postby skippie » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:07 am

skippie
Net Rider

Postby John » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:55 pm

Is it a 4 inch diameter sealed beam? If so go to TSC (tractor supply farm store) and get a 6 volt sealed beam for a tractor. I believe the flood pattern is about 28 watts. I have coverted a Puch headlight with one of these. Clips will hold the bulb in with no trouble. Trouble is you will only have either hi or low beam position, but this gives you another spot to switch lights off of!
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby jacksonc » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:40 pm

jacksonc
Net Rider

Postby John » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:25 am

John

John
Master Regional Rider

Postby mholmes137 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:15 pm

mholmes137
Net Rider

Postby jacksonc » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:07 am

jacksonc
Net Rider

Postby crx7 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:20 pm

Just fixed my headlight. I took a torch and removed the old 6 Volt bulb from the sealed beam. It's just soldered on, you can use a soldering iron as well. So I took a 12V 9003 regular old headlight bulb from the autoparts store. Stock socket fits perfectly in this three prong bulb. I just glued it together to keep it in place. I'll let you know how well it lights, but it only cost me 12 bucks and shouldn't blow being 12 volts.
crx7
Net Rider

Postby QT50 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:57 pm

Guess Randys not seeing this post

Do a search on "QT50" and you will find a old post of Randys with a link to a guy that sells a 6v bulb for a honda, the bulbs are cheap and replacable, you have to buy the whole assembly the first time, I soldered mine in and the bulbs have lasted so far, I went with the 6 volt ones, he also has 12V, one thing don't tell him its for a yamaha or for some strange reason he wont sell it to you

And don't run it without a good battery or you will burn out every bulb on the bike !!
QT50
Net Rider

Postby xrongor » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:29 am

yeah ive been totally happy with that fix. i still blow a bulb every once in a while (maybe 3 since i made that original post) but im certain its do to vibration since i take mine offroad all the time and not because of any electrical problems. when its gone out, its always been after a big bump, or on some serioius washboard. so i just switch flip the hi/lo switch and use that one til it goes.

i got some 12v and some 6v bulbs. i use the 12 in my pre '83 model that doesnt have the voltage regulator on the headlight circuit. both work fine and provide plenty of light.

randy
xrongor
Net Rider

Next

Return to Moped Riders