Not just for recently convicted DUI felons anymore

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Not just for recently convicted DUI felons anymore

Postby tortoise » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:39 pm

Wave Magazine:
"Predictions for 2006 . . Transportation
Mopeds. This next year will see the revival of the moped. Not the scooter – the moped. With pedals. They get around 100 miles per tank and cost two bucks to fill up. If you doubt me, swing by West Coast Moped and check out the immaculately restored rides they sell all day long. Mopeds. They’re not just for recently convicted DUI felons anymore."
tortoise
Net Rider

re: Not just for recently convicted DUI felons anymore

Postby Smitty » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:03 am

In SC, if your driving priviledge is revoked for less than 6 months, then you are not required to obtain a Moped license. If your drivers' license is suspended for more than 6 months, then you are required to posses a Moped license in order to operate a Moped on SC streets.
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby Forrest » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:49 am

It is in Indiana, they call moped " DUI Bikes" over there!
Forrest
Net Rider

Postby Sebulba » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:53 am

same here, not as much anymore but used to be called liquor-cycles.
"a Dug, an especially dangerous Dug, named Sebubla".
Sebulba is going to win me thinks, he always wins!
Sebulba
Net Rider

Postby CubanMoped » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:45 pm

Wow this is the first of have heard of this law in SC. I live in CA and whish they had that here. It makes allot of sense. So many DUI suspensions end up with the drive convicted agin either for driving without a license or killing someone. This is becuase the public transpertation system is so F'ed up. Granted they might still get drunk, but the likelyhood of killing someone in a Moped accedent is slim. Well except the driver.
CubanMoped
Net Rider

Postby steamboat » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:01 pm

Hey Cubanmoped, I agree. I live in Virginia where there is very little public transportation but last year they passed the dui moped ban Which just puts more drunks with suvs on the road. Jim.
steamboat

Postby John » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:54 pm

DUI.. they don't deserve to drive anything. WALK.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby steamboat » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:08 pm

Hey John, I don't know how far you live from work but some people must drive many miles to work. I would rather see somene willing to work drive a moped than lay on their butt and draw welfare. JIm.
steamboat

Postby Smitty » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:33 am

I am firmly against drinking and driving (you might spill your drink)!!! I've lost my driving priviledge several times in the past, but never for DUI. Normally, I'd get caught driving my hotrod Camaro or Trans-Am over the speed-limit, get a ticket, not pay it, then get another speeding ticket while driving under suspension!!! Yea, I admit, not the brightest of young men was I, LOL!
Having depended on a Moped as my principle means of transportation (outside of "mutt&jeff") for years (year-round) in the past, I would have seriously hated anymore strangulations, um, regulations on me and my Moped.
Three years in a row, I rode my Moped to and from work as a hot tar roofer. Now let me tell ya', a little 125 pound hot-tar roofer is as crazy as a bed-bug!!! Now put that looney on a Moped at 5am, on icey roads, just jittering with joy in anticipation of working 12hours on one of the dirtiest and labor intensive jobs...not a very sympathetic individual, let me tell ya', LOL!
One thing that does make me laugh and confuses me is this: if you're riding a Moped because you're suspended for DUI, then WHY do some, STILL brainlessly insist on operating a MOPED while drunk, LOL???!!!??? I do get a little sense of job security from it though, LOL!!!
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby Sebulba » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:54 am

don't get your moped drunk.
"a Dug, an especially dangerous Dug, named Sebubla".
Sebulba is going to win me thinks, he always wins!
Sebulba
Net Rider

Re: re: Not just for recently convicted DUI felons anymore

Postby mike12345 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:52 am

Smitty wrote:In SC, if your nevada dui classes online priviledge is revoked for less than 6 months, then you are not required to obtain a Moped license. If your drivers' license is suspended for more than 6 months, then you are required to posses a Moped license in order to operate a Moped on SC streets.

Hello Smitty,
Thank you for this information.
I wanna ask that what happen if someone caught in DUI in SC ?
mike12345
Net Rider

Re: Not just for recently convicted DUI felons anymore

Postby John » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:28 am

This topic is at least ten years old, going to lock it Mike. If you want I would suggest checking the relevant State statutes for information.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Return to Moped Riders