[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Autisa kitted Sachs

Autisa kitted Sachs

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Autisa kitted Sachs

Postby Smitty » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:20 pm

This is the one I'm building now...

;^)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

re: Autisa kitted Sachs

Postby Smitty » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:20 pm

...the case halves...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby steamboat » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:47 pm

Great pictures Smitty. What type camera do you have? Jim.
steamboat

Postby xrongor » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:59 pm

am i seeing it right? the head and the cylinder are all one piece it looks like?

randy
xrongor
Net Rider

Postby Smitty » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:34 pm

Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby bryanofmyrons » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:30 am

Bryan...a Myron's Maniac since Ride #3
bryanofmyrons
Distinguished Rider

Postby jtaylor78 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:13 am

jtaylor78
Net Rider

Postby Smitty » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:51 am

That's a really nice looking "kit"!!!
Sweet bike as well !!!
To answer your question, yes, I can build Sachs engines as well ;^)
The first Moped I ever owned was a Sachs.
I'll be in touch.
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Re: re: Autisa kitted Sachs

Postby Smitty » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:58 am

Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby Glasseye » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:27 am

It must be a huge pain to scrape carbon out of those one-piece jugs.
Glasseye
Net Rider

Postby steamboat » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:34 am

That bike is a show piece. Where was it stored all these years? Great find. Jim.
steamboat

Postby Smitty » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:47 pm

...Ah-Ha ... I finally got the crank bearings removed, and that was no easy task, at all !!!
Now to give the crankshaft a good chill in the freezer over night, then new freshly warm baked bearings in the morning with my coffee, and this baby begins going back together !!!
I hope to have this one installed and running this weekend, or beginning of next week.
I still have an issue of carb with this engine, as I'm not sure as to whether or not the Mic carb is going to fit...without much of a headache anyway ;^)
The little dinky 10mm stock carb will not feed this engine enough fuel, and it is not borable either. Rest assured though, there is a little mad moped scientist at work here, so this puppy is going to hunt, hehehe ;^)
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby Smitty » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:58 am

...hehe...one of my most favorite parts of Moped engine building is installing the new crank bearings.

Smitty's recipe for successful, easy crank bearing installing...(lol)...
*Gloves, oven mits, and shop towels highly recommended, as you are about to handle extreme temps, with your hands !!!
1) Be sure to note and study the location of all bearings, shims, seals, spacers, etc. from one end of the crankshaft to the other end !!!
2) After removing the old bearings, seals, etc., clean crankshaft, and lightly wipe it down with oil. Freeze crankshaft over night.
3) Next Day: Leaving crankshaft in freezer, preheat oven to 220 degrees (f), and place new bearings in oven for aproximately one hour.
4) Remove crankshaft from freezer, remove bearing from oven.
5) Refering back to notes (mental or otherwise), place slide-on pieces in order they go on, and install. The heated bearing should fall right into place on the frozen crank shaft. Immediately check for proper tolerence, clearance, and location of bearings! Once you have it all in place, let stand at room temp for about an hour.
6) At this point, the bearings should be a nice tight "pressed-on" fit.
7) Continue with engine assembly ;^)

...one of these days I'll publish an on-line book of my work, hehe
;^)
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby alrob » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:24 am

Yes, that freezer-and-oven trick works well. I first came up with that by myself last May when I pulled my E50 apart:

http://www.mopedriders.org/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

No risk of bending anything by pounding the bearings on.

Al
alrob
Net Rider

Postby Smitty » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:07 pm

Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Next

Return to Moped Riders