Another 70cc Tomos brought to life.

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Another 70cc Tomos brought to life.

Postby ddouble » Sun May 28, 2006 5:53 pm

Some of you may remember that for Christmas I gave my son an old bike we had named "Ghetto Ped". Nice running bike but... well, not the prettiest thing.

Well here is the owner of the newest 70cc Tomos. "Ghetto Ped has a kit. He installed the kit but couldn't get it to run right. I went down and brought him and the bike up to my shop. I was surprised with the other mods he had done. You can see the tool box he built under the seat. Large enough for some hand tools, a spare tube, and oil. He has a hand pump that mounts under it and it holds a one gallon fuel can on top. Also installed is a bike computer and switches are mounted on a dash. The headlight is a dual beam driving light.

The problem turned out being a cracked plug that would fail when hot. With that out of the way we went for a short ride and worked on a few other things.

Side stand.

Fuel guage.

I forget which kit it is but seems nice.

With the bike set rich and no more than 3/4 throttle (break in) the bike was doing an easy 33-35 mph. I think we will have a runner here. He wants to put a little more sprocket on it to bring down cruising rpm. Future plans include a black and silver paint job, drag bars and some old straight spoke rims I have laying around. Might have to rethink the name thing now.

Here is a little video of him leaving. Not bad, come in on a truck and ride away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxje-j0eVo

Dan
The world is full of willing people: some willing to work and some willing to let them.
ddouble
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders