[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Can Anyone Help Me

Can Anyone Help Me

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Can Anyone Help Me

Postby frankthetank » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:46 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frankthetank
Net Rider

re: Can Anyone Help Me

Postby frankthetank » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:51 pm

frankthetank
Net Rider

Postby donp » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:58 am

donp

Postby frankthetank » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:06 am

Here are some more pictures of my dilapidated Tomos. Hopefully they might help. Also I am trying to get a spark and as you can see some of the electrical is not is good shape. Some neighbor hood punks broke into my garage and threw the bike down a hill. In the process the taillight broke off the rear fender. My question is, if the taillight is disconnected, is it impossible to get a spark from the spark plug?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frankthetank
Net Rider

Postby frankthetank » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:07 am

Full frontal engine shot
frankthetank
Net Rider

Postby frankthetank » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:08 am

Side shot
frankthetank
Net Rider

Postby donp » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:25 am

it is not impossible to get spark without the tail light.
make sure 5the points are clean and gapped to .014"-.018".
then take the black wire from the magneto and plug it into the coil. put the blue wire to groun. make sure the black wire that runs up to the wire harness is disconnected. you will need to unplug the black wire from the coil to shut the engine off.
donp

Postby Antique_GZR » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:36 am

That's the A3 engine. Has no reed valve. It is a piston port engine. Very reliable.

Should be plenty of parts still available. I'd check Ike's Bikes first for parts.

Always a mystery to me why mopeds seem to be a high target for vandalism. It's a shame really.

GZR
Antique_GZR
Net Rider

Postby Saabsonettguy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:43 pm

Thats a Tomos golden bullet top tank, Its the same thing as the tomos lx but with the A3 engine. Ike, mopedjunkyard and ebay are good places for parts. Chassis parts from the targa lx will fit. You could even bolt on a brand new A35 engine if you wanted to. All in all its an easy bike to get parts for, and it looks like a very good start.
Grey
Live to ride, Ride to work
Saabsonettguy
Net Rider

Re: Can Anyone Help Me

Postby wuhuilin11 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:23 pm

wuhuilin11
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders