Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

4-stroke pedal moped available

Postby steamboat » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:21 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-BAR ... 0130641437
Vehicle Description

2007 REAL MOPEDS 4 STROKE 49CC WITH BICYCLE PEDAL
Vehicle Description

Vehicle Description

NEW 2007 BARON /JANDJMOTORSPORTS LAZER MOPED GAS POWERED / HUMAN PEDAL POWER STREET LEGAL 49.5 CC 4 STROKE MOPEDS

THIS AWESOME LAZER MOPED DESIGNED BY JERRY FROM JANDJMOTORSPORTS IS NOW FEATURED IN THIS MONTHS JUNE EDITION OF SCOOTERWORLD MAGAZINE !!!!!

GO GET YOUR COPY TODAY AND READ ALL ABOUT OUR NEW LAZER MOPEDS !!!!AT YOUR LOCAL MAGASINE RACKS.

2007 BARON / JANDJMOTORSPORTS LAZER 4 STROKE MOPEDS IN STOCK NOW !!

THIS SALE PRICE $1199.00 includes ::

( FREE SHIPPING ) TO A TERMINAL /HUB AT OR NEAR YOUR ZIP CODE FROM OUR SHIPPERS FOR USA ONLY.
I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
steamboat
Distinguished Rider

re: 4-stroke pedal moped available

Postby silverfox » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:51 am

DON'T BUY IT!!!

I bought one and sold it before I put 100 miles on it. In my opinion it is a piece of s**t. The engine is a copy of the early Honda PC50 units and it is a one speed. It has NO power and absolutely no acceleration. The engine is fitted with a decompressor but it is not fitted with a decompressor lever. I believe that they kept the compression down so low so that the crankshaft mounted electric starter would have enough power to turn the engine over. But with no compression there is no power. The electrics are janky. Under the cheap plastic cover over the engine is just a wad of wires. The starter solenoid is just laid on top of the wires with no mounting. The air filter housing is just a small 3"x4" plastic box that resonates like crazy.
See the following report I made in Mopedarmy:
http://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss ... 9&t=378469

Also: do not do business with J&J Motorsports. They are not reputable.
silverfox
Net Rider

Postby steamboat » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:58 am

Thanks for the info. Good warning. Jim
I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
steamboat
Distinguished Rider

Postby Tab » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:03 am

But...the girl in the pictures is hot... :)

Seriously, for those that constantly put down Tomos mopeds, this is your ONLY option for a new moped with pedals (that isn't back inventory.) I'll take a Tomos, thanks!
Tab
Master Regional Rider

Postby silverfox » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:40 am

In the MA there are some postings about the Baron Lazer being supplied with a two speed. When I bought mine Jerry at J&J Motorsports said that it was a two speed when in fact it was a single speed. He let me ride his bike with what he called a "slipper" clutch. It really did not run any better than the stock single speed. All it did was limit the engagement of the centrifugal clutch until the bike came up in speed and then locked it (the clutch) up. Bike still had NO power and ZERO acceleration.

So, unless you live in Kansas with no hills and no traffic I would NOT recomment this bike. And do no do business with Jerry at J&J as he is not reputable.
silverfox
Net Rider

Postby bcschrader » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:41 pm

I have been trying to get one of these motors for the past few months to put in my Indian. The Indian uses the same motor that Honda put in their PF50 Amigo & Novio. These new Chinese motors that J&J is selling are supposed to have a two speed transmission in them as well as a 12V CDI, fuel filter etc... I've got my Indian going pretty well but felt it could benefit from having a 2 speed trans. Now I'm finding out that they're not really a two speed... Drats! BTW, I use my decompression lever all the time and it makes starting the Indian a breeze...wouldn't do without it. I read on the Indian history site that American Moped Assoc was in the process of developing a 2 sp trans when they discontinued production in 1982. So I assumed when this Chinese model appeared recently that they had finished up the two speed design and released it. I wonder....Hmmmm..
bcschrader
Net Rider

Postby Jimbo321 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:33 pm

From what i have found, there are two "Lazer" mopeds being sold now. One is the Baron, and the other is the SSR Lazer. I've heard that the Barons are garbage. I bought an SSR, and have had very good luck with it so far. The one i bought is a two speed, and there's no problem with power. Also, the electronics work excellant, the headlights are very bright and turn signals work fine. One way to tell them apart if looking, is the Baron comes with somewhat knobby tires on it, and the SSR has street tires. I haven't had the SSR very long, and have only ridden it 100 miles or so, hills and flat alike, but so far it performs excellant.
Jimbo321
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders