New to forum... just bought two more peds.

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

New to forum... just bought two more peds.

Postby cdudenh » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:09 pm

I've owned a 1980 Vespa Si since 2001 which I just fixed after being taken apart into milk crates for the last 5 years. I love this ped, and after some helpful guidence from Zippy and Fred's repair guide it runs better than ever.

I just aquired two more peds this past week. One is a 1977 Vespa Ciao that runs but has wiring problems. The other is a 1985 Puch Maxi with a broken carb and a missing headlight bulb.

The Ciao and it's wiring issues is a winter project for me, but I'd like to get the Puch up and running. I pulled the carburetor off and found that the float pin was bent, the float needle was snapped and shoved in upside down, and worst of all the metal to hold the pin in place to the carb is snapped off on one side! Ouch, I didn't like seeing that! I'm going to get a new pin, needle and gaskets for this and hopefully I can rig the pin up effectively without having to purchase a new carb.

Does anyone know what bulb to get for this 1985 Puch Maxi? The lens says 6v 15w, but I don't know the style because the old bulb is non-existent.

Thanks.

Larger version of this image HERE.
cdudenh
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders