125cc power problems! HELP PLEASE

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

125cc power problems! HELP PLEASE

Postby freeriders » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Hey mopedriders forum,

I just wan't to say it is great to be here and i'm hoping i can finally fix this annoying problem that has risen up in the past 2 weeks and just won't go away. I brought a nice scooter from a cheap for sale site here: https://www.cheap.forsale/ and it has been awesome for a while with no problems. Then, It started randomly about 2 weeks ago when i was pulling off from a friends house, from the speeds of 10-50 Kph my scooter won't hold a steady rev if that makes sense? It's like i am pulling on the throttle cable and then letting go, non-stop constantly. But when i exceed the speeds of 50 she runs fine and flat out up to top speed with no problems.

I have changed the oil and cleaned out the air box, fuel pipes and this hasn't helped at all, still the same problem. I am hoping this will be an easy fix because then i can do it myself. If it's something too mechanical i will be visiting the garage to see what they have to say. Either way if some of you guys could point me in the right direction of what the problem could be, that would be awesome. Any advice or tips would be great. Also if there are any little checks i can make to try and source the problem just let me know and i will give it ago.

Model: Honda
Year: 2013
Kilometers: 66,000
Gears: Automatic

If there is any other details/information needed comment below and i will get it for you no problem! Anything that makes it easier for you!

Looking forward to some reply's guys

Last edited by freeriders on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
freeriders
Net Rider

Re: 125cc power problems! HELP PLEASE

Postby freeriders » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:33 am

The lack of replies is a real shame guys! I understand it's an Asian motorbike but they still have the same insides!!! Come on guys help a man out
freeriders
Net Rider

Postby freeriders » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:46 am

[QUOTE] Type: scooter Dry weight : 105kg. Dimensions : 1890mm x 680mm x 1110mm Wheelbase: 1275mm Seat height: 767mm Clearance: 115mm < br /> Fuel tank capacity : 4.7 liters. Honda Air Blade owners manual (thai).

Parts and repair information for Honda small engines, including owners manuals, service information, parts look up, and troubleshooting assistance. Owner Manual Honda Air Blade 1960 honda airblade english owners manual - fixya robin air 34288 manual scooters

Airblade Honda Manual Cars
For more details, please follow this link. Honda Air Blade 1. Specifications. Number of seats.

Country of origin. Vietnam. Engine displacement. Cylinder. 01. Engine power (hp/rpm)8. Starter. Electric / Kick. Engine type. OHC, integrated water- cooled. Watch Dragonball Evolution Free No S free download programs.

Stroke cycle. 04. Compression ratio. Speed. 06. Ignition. CDIFuel Consuming. Clutch. CVT, Auto. System (volt.)1. 2VFront brake.

Airblade Honda Manual Window
Disc. Rear brake. Drum. Front tyre. M/C 4. 0PRear tyre. M/C 4. 6PFront suspension.

Telescopic fork. Rear suspension. Swing arm twins. Fuel tank capacity (l)4.

Ground clearance (mm)1. Height (mm)1,1. 00. Length (mm)1,8. 90. Curb weight (kg)1. Seat height (mm)7. Wheel base (mm)1,2. Sorry these scooters are not available for rent any more.[QUOTE]

i have found this description online and an actual downloadable manual http://toaricougrelo.tk/airblade-honda-manual.html
freeriders
Net Rider

Postby John » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:21 am

Great you found a manual. I would tear into the carb and give it a total cleaning. If you know someone that has a ultrasonic cleaner it will save you hours of work. 50/50 Pinsol and water works well by disolving a lot of crud and then scrubbing everything and cleaning all orifices,jets and circuits. Good luck cannot be much wrong if she runs out once you get up to speed. Sometimes the electric enricher/choke could be an issue by not coming off.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby tortoise » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:40 pm

freeriders wrote:It's like i am pulling on the throttle cable and then letting go, non-stop constantly. But when i exceed the speeds of 50 she runs fine and flat out up to top speed with no problems.

Could be as simple as an ignition related continuity issue.

One jet cleaning technique. If this engine has a constant velocity carb . . there could also be a slide-diaphragm issue.

http://youtu.be/wyspAHrMbb8

http://youtu.be/ndHmI9flPCA
tortoise
Net Rider

Postby RidingRick » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Just like they've always said in the automotive world: ninety five percent of your carburetion problems originate in the distributor. So, it's possible there's an issue with the ignition system causing the phantom driveability problem.
Last edited by RidingRick on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RidingRick
Net Rider

Postby freeriders » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:39 am

This is what im talking about guys!!! I will have a read through all the links and try to find some YouTube videos so i have a better idea then get back to you!! Thanks!!!
freeriders
Net Rider

Postby oilyhans » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:46 pm

that includes the spark plug and sending wires . so many issues can be resolved by simply
replacing the plug.

oilyhans
Adly, TGB & TNG Scooters
MRP Racing Parts
Fulmer Helmets
Kelly Blue Book Contributor on Scooter prices
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/cart
oilyhans
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders